Did you know these facts about FH Canada's International Medical Equipment Distribution (IMED) program?
- IMED began shipping containers in 1999.
- IMED has sent a total of 266 containers to 40 countries.
- The top three most requested medical items are: birthing beds, ultrasounds and fetal monitors.
- For every $1 donated toward shipping costs, $30 of medical equipment is shipped to communities who desperately need it.
- The average cost to ship a container is $15,000.
- The average value of its medical contents is $450,000.